Most psychologists and marriage counselors will agree that sex is an extremely important part of every romantic relationship arguably the most important even though few wouldn’t dare admit it openly. Sex is something you engage in with your partner that you don’t do with anyone else. Of course, you can also embrace, talk to, and kiss your partner to express your love, but you usually do these things with your mother, your siblings, and even your friends. Sex, on the other hand, is the definitive act that draws the line between the kinds of relationships we have with people. Further, sex as a unique expression of intimacy appears to have numerous benefits for one’s life and health, as many studies have shown: it’s a stress reliever, it reduces the risk of cancer (especially prostate cancer in men), reduces pain in many cases, improves sleep and can even cure insomnia in some instances, it even enhances skin and overall health. Most importantly however, sex between a man and a woman is the natural means of reproduction, perpetuating the human race. In other words, one could claim that sex is life. These are Odd and Bizarre Facts About Sex You Probably Didn’t Know.
1. Jonah Falcon is having the largest penis in the world, is 13.5 inches.
2. According to The State University of New York study, semen can help fight depression. Semen contains chemicals that elevate mood, increase affection, and induce sleep. It also contains cortisol, which is known to increase feelings of affection in the brain.
3. The average female orgasm lasts twenty seconds – fourteen seconds longer than the male orgasm.
4. Good looking men have stronger sperm. During a study in Spain women were shown pictures of men and asked to rank them according to their attractiveness. The men that the women found to be the best looking were most often the best sperm producers.
5. Babies can get boners in the womb, so can corpses.
6. It takes two tablespoons of blood to get the average penis erect.
7. Studies have shown that eighty-five percent of men who die of heart attacks during intercourse were cheating on their wives.
8. Despite many people using it as a common excuse to avoid sex, sex can actually relieve a headache since it releases the tension, which restricts blood vessels in the brain.
9. When a man ejaculates, the initial spurt travels at twenty-eight miles an hour faster than the world record for the 100 meter sprint, which currently stands at 27.49 miles an hour.
10. For both men and women the heart rate averages 140 beats per minute at orgasm. That’s considered a tachycardia.
11. A teaspoon of semen contains approximately five calories. Half an hour of intense sex burns off an average of one hundred to two hundred calories.
12. The vibrator, a common intimacy gadget for women, was originally designed in the nineteenth century to fight the anxiety-related symptoms of hysteria.
13. The earliest known illustration of a man using a condom during sexual intercourse is painted on the wall of a cave in France. It is dated between twelve thousand and fifteen thousand years old.
14. Most women who lose their virginity between ages fifteen and nineteen actually wish they had waited a bit longer. Additionally, most teenagers lose their virginity by age 17, but those who have not lost their virginity by 24 tend to stay a virgin.
15. This is one of the weird sex facts that most of us have not heard about before. During intercourse, your inner nose swells just as your breasts and genitals will. This is most notably due to the increased flow of blood while having intercourse.
16. Contrary to what men and women are led to believe, the sizeof a man’s penis fully erect is not really that important.
17. We all know you need to be in good health to have great sex, but studies show that lower cholesterol is directly related to abetter performance in the bedroom.
18. Humans are not the only ones interested in performing MouthAction, wolves, bears and bats are also known to participate in the practice quite often.
19. For men under the age of 40, their average time to erection is a mere ten seconds. For some it is shorter, and if it is much longer than ten seconds, it may be an indication of erectile dysfunction.
Some people are wired to have more sex than others. Scientists are not entirely sure why this is, but it is true in both males and females. Some will want more, while others will want less; it just depends on how their brain is wired.
21. Women have the ability to make their voice sound “sexier” in order to entice their men when needed. Men, however, do not possess such an ability and simply have to rely on other factors.
22. Approximately 60% of men who get aroused have erect nipples. In fact, the nipples are just as sensitive in men as they are in women, which is why so many men get erect nipples.
23. The recipe to the sensitivity of the clitoris is its 8,000 nerve fibers, which is twice as many as contained in the penis. As such, itis this area that most helps a woman reach orgasm.
24. Most people under the age of 35 check their Facebook and Twitter accounts after a rollin the hay(sex). Hopefully, they are not posting any pictures.
25. Even though straight women reported only being aroused by men, researchers at the Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, found that most women in a study became aroused by every sexual stimulus they saw including nude male and female bodies, heterosexual and homosexual sex and even animal sex.
26. Physically talking about sex makes sex better.
People who are more open to talking about sex are actually happier with their sex lives, according toLive Science.